8 Tips to prepare for your engagement photography session
So, you are engaged! How exciting!!
Before you head into the wedding planning frenzy, enjoy your engagement time, dream, and get your photos taken. These sweet moments and photographs will help you with invitations, photo displays, and your wedding website.
More than anything engagement sessions are fun and great opportunities to warm up to the camera, get photo posing practice, and bond with your photographer before your wedding day.
Here are eight things that you can do to nail your engagement photoshoot:
1. Get creative. Most awesome photographers will be happy to make your vision come true. Whether you are a sunrise by the beach or a beer downtown couple, don't be afraid to share your ideas, colors, or theme. These photos are yours!
2. Prepare the outfits. Good indicators of successful outfits are the weather, season, and overall vibe you want. What to wear to an engagement session? An outfit that makes you feel cute, and that is comfortable. Tips: if you have a new look make sure you wear it at least once. Pick complementary colors. Avoid bright colors and tiny prints. Add accessories such as scarfs, jackets, hats, blankets, or flowers. Pick your outfit first and build your partner's around it.
3. Schedule around the sun. Time and light are everything in photography, and the golden hour is pure magic.
4. Do your nails. It will make a huge difference. Ideally, you will make the time for some self-love and pampering by adding some color to your nails. If that is not an option, there are also nail polish stickers that work like a charm.
5. Location location. Heading to the park is an option, but if you think about what do you enjoy as a couple, you might find better alternatives. A hike to the mountain, night out, or NETFLIX on the couch, make it unique to you two!
6. Snack. Get some munch before the session. It will keep you satisfied and relaxed. Icecream, coffee, or a drink are great options.
7. Kiss. When you don't know what to do, hold hands, hug, and KISS. Being in front of the camera is unusual, so pretend the photographer is not there and get lost in your babe's eyes.
8. Make it a date. It will help set up a romantic and fun mood. You two look adorable, and just had an engagement session. Put the cherry on top with a date night.
Set your intention to have a good time and let the photos tell the story of a chapter that is about to begin.
Have more questions, ideas, or you are ready to book your session?
Send me a text, email, or Instagram DM, and we will be chatting in minutes!